Found a super, cool tool today that I want to share with teachers. The tool is Newsela. Here is what is so awesome about this tool.
- It is a perfect tool when working on reading skills with students.
- It provides daily current events articles that Newsela has lexiled for student use.
- It allows kids to “close read” non-fiction articles, a Common Core Standard at many grade levels.
- Some of the articles even have comprehension quizzes tied to them.
- Teachers can setup classes with students and assign readings, track students reading and scores.
- The best part… currently, this tool is free!
Read More About This
NEWSELA, A Resource Worth Reporting @ Reading.org