We take in a ton more information than we did in the past and therefore, it is essential that we are able to first, find good information, but then also store that information in a useful way, and finally be able to easily share it with others. Sounds easy? Well…. I am going to suggest that in this 21st century, this has gotten far more complex.
Finding good information
Sounds simple enough but keep these questions in mind…
What searching strategies will I use to find the information I need quickly and efficiently?
- What is my goal with this information? Why do I need this information?
- If I save this information, when will I use it?
- Just how good is this information?
Is this information valid?Is the source of the information a source you can trust?Can the information be validated with another source?
- How or where will you store this information so you can easily find it?
- If your links disappeared tomorrow, could you remember all of them?
- Are your links well organized?