While here, keep an open mind, take many deep breaths, and be open to the possibilities. I will expose you to a ton of things. Take in what you are able and buy into what makes sense. Take a break when you hit the point of overwhelmed! It is a huge shift in our abilities and in our way of thinking.
Directions for Sharing Assignments with Me
Create a folder in Google Drive called Tech PD and your last name. Mine would be called Tech PD Schoepke. Click here to watch a video on this.
- You will review internet searching strategies and use these strategies to complete a Genius Project assignment.
- You will explore and build a personal / professional learning network using a variety of tools (Twitter, blogs, Facebook, Pinterest, Teachers Pay Teachers, Teaching Channel, YouTube, etc.). You will reflect on your learning with new tools.
- Use online tools and social bookmarking tools to save and organize web resources
- Review Content Curation concepts
- Complete a Learner's Profile Inventory!
- Explore communication tools and ways to communicate as a 21st century educator.
- Understand the importance of digital citizenship and its role in the classroom.
- Explore learning management systems and content curation tools for the classroom
- Gain understanding of 21st century educational ideas and practices: flipped learning, blended learning, student centered learning, personalized learning, etc.
- Analyze existing curriculum and determine a theme or unit to re-invent for 21st century learning
- Explore tools that share 21st century instruction.
- Experiment with different devices
- Analyze existing curriculum and determine a theme or unit to re-invent for 21st century learning.